Restorative Yoga – The art of Deep Rest
“Restorative yoga: Not a Luxury, Not Laziness
It’s imperative in our crazy world that we reduce our stress. You cannot be relaxed and anxious at the same time, and when you are rested, everything in your life is better.”
Judith Hanson Lasater
Resting deeply is paramount to support positive health and wellbeing. Finding simple ways to effectively achieve deep rest, clear the mind and restore energy is becoming increasingly important in this time and age. Restorative yoga is an effective, yet easy and gentle way to fulfill this need of self-care, and you don’t need to have any prior experience in yoga to reap the rewards.
Restorative yoga is about positioning and supporting your body for absolute comfort. We’re not trying to increase flexibility. One may typically think of yoga as being focused on stretching and increasing flexibility. However Restorative yoga, does not attempt to create a stretch or increase the range of movement in one’s body. It instead aims to rest and restore the body and the mind deeply.
After the class you will feel rested and renewed, ready to face the world with a calm mind and a contented heart. Everything is better after you take the time to rest!
Your body, mind and soul loves restorative yoga because…
- As you feel completely comfortable in the pose, your body can rest deeply.
- It gives you the space to slow down and feel nurtured, allowing layers of tension to melt away.
- It frees your mind from stress, balances your nervous system and restores your wellbeing.
- It has profound healing effects for the mind, body and soul.
- The deep, enjoyable rest quiets the inner critic, enabling you to find a space of peace and contentment within yourself.
- It helps you cultivate respect, kindness and gratitude for your body.
- Your mind is invited to let go of any attachments on the outcome of your practice and you can immerse yourself in the practice with joy in your heart, no judgment, no expectations!
- Overall it is a self-nurturing session; a time for you to let go and re-focus in what is most important, a time for you to treat yourself with loving kindness.
- After the class you will feel rested and renewed, ready to face the world with a calm mind and a contented heart.